Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TM 3: Bleeding & Placenta Previa Stage 1

Well, it wasn’t a smooth sailing one. I was bleeding in the 7th week and hospitalized for a few days. I did not know the cause of the bleeding. I was thinking that it was ME..since in my first pregnancy, I also bled in the 2nd month.
In the 4th month I bled again. I was diagnosed as having stage 1 placenta previa. Kalau org kita ckp, uri kat bawah. I still remember that night. I felt like going to the toilet, and when I was about to sit on the toilet bowl, I saw fresh blood dropping on the floor. My husband and I rushed to APSH’s emergency.
My gynae was on the way and while waiting for her, the nurse used a doppler to detect the baby’s heart beat. NONE….. The nurse could not find the heartbeat. I was restless and thinking that this would be the end of it - 2nd miscarriage.  Another nurse calmed me down and asked me to wait for the gynae.
I was then wheeled by the nurse to the gynae’s room for the ultrasound check. I saw the active movements. The baby was bouncing here and there and the heart beat was normal. My placenta was low lying and that was the cause of the bleeding. I was then warded for a few days again. Believe me, this experience was just a small hiccup in this 3rd pregnancy, there are more to share. Stay tuned.

No comments: